TABLE OF CONTENTS
The best scholarships for needy students
1. The Gates Scholarship
2. HSF Scholarship
3. The College Success Program
4. Jeannette Rankin National Scholar Grant
5. Fund || UNCF STEM Scholar Program
6. Thanks USA Scholarship Program
7. Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship
8. Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program
9. Ron Brown Scholarship
10. DC Leadership 1000 Scholarship
Scholarships are critical for kids from low-income homes. Their benefits extend well beyond monetary aid. In fact, these scholarship for needy students are a great way to encourage deserving individuals to enroll in and complete college.
The criteria for eligibility vary from one scholarship to another. However, in most cases, you will need to be classified as having low or very low income to be eligible for these opportunities. Without further ado. Let’s take a look at the following scholarships for low-income college students.
The Best Scholarships For Needy Students
- The Gates Scholarships
Closing Date: September 15th, 2023
Amount of Award: Varies
Outstanding minority high school graduates from low-income families may apply for the Gates Prize (TGS), a highly competitive, last-dollar scholarship.
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation awards it as part of their dedication to ensuring that bright, hardworking students, low-income families have the opportunity to reach their full potential. In order to apply, you must:
* Be a senior in high school
* Identify with one or more of the following groups: African Americans, American Indians/Alaskan Natives, Asian Americans, and/or Hispanic Americans.
* Be Pell-eligible
* Plan to enroll full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at a public or private U.S. institution that is not for profit
* Be a citizen, national, or permanent resident of the Unites States
* Have a cumulative weighted grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 or above
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ARE UNDER VERIFICATION AND WILL BE LIVE SHORTLY.